Published by: Selling Power Magazine
One of the biggest challenges sales managers face is keeping up with the avalanche of information their sales technology tools collect day after day. When sales managers drown in information, their ability to make decisions atrophies and sales slow to a crawl. That’s why hundreds of new sales technology companies offer AI tools that help sales managers make smarter decisions faster so they can accelerate sales again.
The number of applications for AI in sales is growing daily. McKinsey & Company predicts AI will contribute $1.4 trillion to $2.6 trillion of value in marketing and sales.
Here are just a few examples of what AI can do for sales:
- Analyze which leads are most likely to convert to deals.
- Analyze past deals and discover how to use that information to structure new deals.
- Analyze your sales pipeline and create a highly accurate sales forecast (better than 90 percent).
- Provide sales reps AI-generated response suggestions during live customer conversations.
- Analyze the next best action for salespeople to follow after a customer conversation.
Selling Power has reviewed several hundred AI tools for sales. Below are the top 10 AI solutions for sales in 2019. Look for updates in future issues of Selling Power magazine.
Note: This list is sponsored and is organized in alphabetical order; no priority or ranking is implied.
- Bigtincan helps sales and service teams increase win rates and improve customer satisfaction. The company’s mobile, AI-powered sales enablement automation platform features the industry’s premier user experience – empowering reps to more effectively engage with customers and prospects and encouraging team-wide adoption. In addition to seven of the Fortune 10 companies, leading brands – including AT&T, ThermoFisher, Merck, ANZ Bank, and others – rely on Bigtincan to enhance sales productivity at every customer interaction.
- Chorus.ai is the number one conversation intelligence platform for high-growth sales teams. It records, transcribes, and analyzes business conversations in real time to coach reps on how to become top performers. With Chorus.ai, more reps meet quota, new hires ramp faster, leaders become better coaches, and everyone in the organization can collaborate over the actual voice of the customer. Chorus.ai is funded by Georgian Partners, Emergence Capital, and Redpoint Ventures, and is headquartered in San Francisco.
- Exceed allows you to convert more leads into opportunities. Exceed’s AI-Powered Assistant works alongside your team to identify new customers more efficiently by automatically engaging, following up, qualifying, and booking meetings with leads using natural, two-way conversations over email and chat. Exceed.ai frees your reps to focus on revenue-generating activities by offloading error-prone and repetitive tasks. Exceed clients experience up to an 80 percent increase in new opportunities and a 67 percent cost reduction to qualify leads.
- Gong is the number one conversation intelligence platform for sales. It gives you unfiltered visibility into your customer conversations. Gong captures and analyzes every customer conversation across every channel. You can win more deals, skyrocket rep success, and change the way you go to market.
- Highspot gives businesses a powerful sales advantage to engage in more relevant buyer conversations and achieve their revenue goals. Through AI-powered search, analytics, in-context training, guided selling, and 50+ technology integrations, the Highspot platform delivers enterprise-ready sales enablement in a modern design that sales reps and marketers love. With 90 percent average monthly recurring usage and global support in 125 countries, Highspot is the most trusted solution for sales enablement.
- Hire Smarter is a predictive talent management platform for sales and support leaders who need to improve team performance but struggle for answers. Unlike process-centric talent management, Hire Smarter is a system of intelligence. It puts the right people in the right jobs, and provides insights on how to coach them toward success. Companies have used Hire Smarter to select, coach, and retain more than 100,000 employees, resulting in better performance and less regrettable attrition.
- Kiite increases productivity and competence for sales teams by helping to capture, organize, and share both documented and tribal knowledge. Kiite uses natural language search to help reps search globally across all connected content – both through the corporate chat system and Kiite’s Web app. Enriched with AI, Kiite allows sales enablement and leadership to uncover opportunities for training and coaching, and identify their most knowledgeable team members.
- ScaleX.ai provides sales acceleration as a service, powered by artificial intelligence. We’ll help you select 1,000 accounts and 4,000 influencers within those accounts. Then we’ll execute 8,000 social and email outreach activities using highly targeted messaging, followed by 7,500 dials delivered by a highly trained sales professional.
- Seismic is the recognized leader in sales and marketing enablement, equipping global sales teams with the knowledge, messaging, and automatically personalized content proven to be the most effective for any buyer interaction. Powerful content intelligence and analytics enable marketers to prove and improve their impact on the bottom line, revealing what really drives revenue and what needs to be adjusted. The result for more than 600 global enterprises – including IBM, American Express, PayPal, and Quest Diagnostics – is better win rates, larger deals, and higher customer retention. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Australia.
- Led by former Salesforce and Siebel executive Chuck Ganapathi, Tact.ai is on a mission to make enterprise software more human friendly. Tact.ai’s conversational AI sales platform is used by sales teams at Honeywell, Cisco Systems, Kelly Services, and other Fortune 500 companies to drive revenue growth by eliminating friction in their daily sales workflow. Headquartered in Redwood City, CA, Tact.ai Technologies, Inc., is a privately-held company backed by Accel Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Upfront Ventures, M12 (formerly Microsoft Ventures), Comcast Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, and the Amazon Alexa Fund.